Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Button


So this happened in May but I am still trying to catch up on things and didn't want to leave out a good story. One Saturday afternoon, Olivia was sleeping and Mason was watching a video in our room while we were downstairs. He came downstairs screaming and upset. He calmed down enough to let us know that he thought he had a button in his nose! What ?!? We looked in there and couldn't see anything so we had him walk up through what happened...he was in our room and there was a button he was playing with and he DIDN'T KNOW HOW but it went in his nose. He said he had it near his chin and it just went in his nose. ????? Just flew up in there! :) So I went upstairs and started looking for a button thinking he just thought it went in there since we didn't see it in his nose. In the meantime, Ryan got a flashlight and checked his nose again...well, it was in there. It was too far up there to just pull it out so Ryan and Mason headed to the Rex Urgent Care office. They got checked in and waited for their turn. While they were waiting, Mason thought maybe the button was coming out and sure enough it had come down far enough to pull it out. Luckily, they had not paid yet and were able to leave the office. The whole time we thought it was a small dress shirt button but it wasn't. It was much larger and we still aren't sure how it really got in there but I am sure it won't happen again!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

WOW-----I thought the "bead" up the nose in Sunday School was bad----hmmm, that's a pretty sizable button---impressive~

Leah said...

That is so funny!

Eadie said...

M. had to have a craft pompom removed from her nose once. I don't know where they get these ideas! It is funny later, but at the time it is pretty distressing. I'm glad the button came out without help.